Friday, October 28, 2005

The Last Month ~

I am almost onto my 37th week of pregnancy. Two days ago I had some false labor contractions and prelabor symptoms. The contractions were crampy and I had three in an hour. I was kinda nervous. Was this the beginning? Nope. They let up. After calling the nurse and getting anxious I just decided to forget about the contractions until they start to get more frequent and more painful. It's not like I don't know what that feels like. But I have to say that this pregnancy has been different then Hannah's. Everything seemed to happen and progress much quicker. I don't remember having contractions til 2 weeks before she came. They weren't crampy or sore until I was in labor.

These warning signs, however, have really gotten me motivated to finish last minute things before he comes. I wrote a list of 10 things I wanted to have done before he was born. I showed them to Brian and asked him to help me. He is a sweetheart. And a task oriented person thank goodness.

One of my friends offered to take Hannah for a couple of hours today so that I could get some stuff done. It was great of her to just offer because knowing me I probably wouldn't have asked anyone. So I've decided to try to finish painting Hannah's room. I left the walls white, but started painting flowers and butterflies a while ago. I know exactly what I want to acomplish. She has a Winnie the Pooh and Piglet on her wall too. She needs a border and some finishing touches like a tree in the closet and a little more flowers and then I will be done. So I'm really looking forward to doing that.

I was thinking I would have Brian paint the boy's room a toupe color to make it a bit warmer and then excesserize (spelling, hmmm) with a choo, choo theme. I also told Brian I needed the upstairs to be painted so that we didn't need to deal with the fumes when baby came. Poor Brian so many projects in such little time. He is a good sport though. I thought the nesting thing only happened with the first baby, but not in my case.

Hannah is down for her nap so I thought I would write a little today. I am really on a day by day basis. The baby could come today or past the due date. It is just a mystery. I am soooooo hoping he'll come before my parents get here for Thanksgiving. Wouldn't that be great!!

I'll try to write again, but who knows maybe the next time will be with a newborn in my arms!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are getting lots done. I wish we could have met up last week, but the play has taken most of my free time :(

Hopefully I'll see you Thursday!

Lara said...

Thanks Stephanie. Things are moving along. I am not as stressed out as before. Brian is painting the baby's room today! Yeah!

I know, me too. Well we'll catch up Thursday. = )

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://vuudauoh.com/cbbs/ptly.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xzpwmxqy.com/cwzt/cwzt.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://vuudauoh.com/cbbs/ptly.html | http://vhsnxirl.com/tgrt/ddwj.html