Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just Enough Time To Be Random ~

Hannah was telling me a story of something that happened to her and at the end of it she said, "and I was FREAKED out!"

We were watching the "Muppet Caper" this afternoon and Hannah asked, "Mom? Could all of them (pointing to Kermit, Piggy and the gang) come over to our house? We can make room. We have two couches!" "Mom? Do we have enough room to have them ride in our car? In the back seat, put some more car seats in?"

Josh, Hannah and I were reading a story and Josh points to the doll's dress and says, "Dress." Then points to her feet and says, "shoes."

Josh is also saying very clearing I must add, "WHAT?" To Hannah especially when she asks him a question. lol.

I gave Josh about 1/4 of a sandwich to eat in the car. When I turned around after a couple of minutes, he had shoved the whole thing in his mouth and it was stuck to the roof of it. It took him about 7-10 mins to finally swallow it. I gave him a shocked look and he just smerked like he new what he did and everything was under control. What a boy.

Hannah has been loving me like a girl plucking pedals from a flower. I love you mommy....I don't love you mommy. Mommy, I LOVE you....I DON"T love you mommy. No rollercoaster or anything.

My kids pull me in two opposite directions. I love to be with them. They are intrigueing and entertaining, but I also want to run away from them when they are demanding simutaniously and the word Mommy is my least favorite word. The joys of being a parent.

Sorry this was so short, but these days I am just trying to manage. I have been reading blogs though and catching up. Hopefully I will start to get more active in the friendship department. I've really retreated since vacation and that's not good. Sorry about that. I love each of my friends dearly. You are very special. Thank you for loving me even through my ups and downs, my failures and successes. Good night ~

5 comments:

Alida said...

Oh boy, I could so relate. Not a day goes by that my kiddies don't make me laugh...but sometimes it's just so overwhelming!

I heard something interesting on happiness last night. Most or some women are not happy being moms. But, it goes a little further. They love their kids and spending time with them, the problem lies in that as moms they feel pulled in different directions (not all of them having to do with motherhood)and the time they spend with their kids is not focused on the kids. That's what make them unhappy.

So often, I'm saying "Uh-huh" to Luke as I'm trying to balance the checkbook or telling Isabela, "I'll read to you as soon as I finish: folding the laundry
doing the dishes
writing my comment
etc.

Sharon said...

What kind of snack would you serve to the muppets? I hear Miss Piggy is VERY picky. Kermit can have flies and Animal will eat anything. Hannah, I think that's a great idea! : )

Valerie of Momia said...

Oh, your kids are characters!

Anonymous said...

I understand when they are constantly saying, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy all the time, I sometimes tell them that my name is not Mommy anymore. They look at me kinda strange...

AngieG said...

All those years I longed for a little one to call me Mommy! I can see now how that might be a little two-edged. You are so real with us Lara and we love you for it. I learn all the time from your blog. Keep writing random stuff! Love you.