Friday, October 03, 2008

Hot Topics

I know I should be blogging about the Vice Presidential Debate, World Peace, the Economic Crisis, what God is doing in my life, and I will, BUT I am telling you this is MUCH more important for a mother to blog about at this time.

The best playdough recipe!!!!!! For all you moms and for my memory's sake here is the recipe I just made with my kids. It makes a lot and with food coloring they LOVE IT!


Cooked Playdough (flour and salt)
3 cups flour
1.5 cups salt
6 tsp cream of tarter
3 tbsp oil
3 cups water
Dissolve salt in the water.
Pour all ingredients into a large pot.
Stir constantly over medium heat until a ball forms by pulling away from the sides.
Knead the dough mixture until the texture matches playdough (1-2 minutes).
Store in plastic container. Should last for at least 3 months.

NOTE: This recipe is made from edible ingredients and not toxic in small amounts for children. However, a dog got sick after eating a batch of playdough. It is not intended as a food item. Please be sure to put it away after your children have finished playing.

Notes from Visitors:

After my cousins and I made playdough, we played with it and didn't put away. In the morning it was dried. I added a little bit of water to it and it turned soft again.
I decided to just let my playdough creation dry naturally in a window in the sunshine. It is almost dry now. A few cracks developed, but I just filled them in with playdough and smoothed them over. I kept turning the totem pole to let the sun hit it from all sides.

(from: http://www.creativekidsathome.com/activities/activity_8.html )

Enjoy!

Lara~

2 comments:

Molly said...

I haven't made playdough in a long time. Maybe I should revisit this part of my past. Sarah would love it especially if she knew that Hannah made it too.

Tiffany said...

I remember playing with this stuff when my mom made it - it was WAY better than the store bought kind.

I'm waaaay out of the blog loop. I'm so behind in keeping track of what is going on in blogland...I couldn't figure out what happened to your Chickadilly blog and never knew this one existed! Thanks for your recent comment that led me in the right direction!