Thursday, August 28, 2008

Motherhood Gems~

"It is so NICE for me, mom!" Joshua

"Hey Josh, I saw on Nihow Kylan that the uncle said that it always helped make cleaning his room faster when he sang. So come on Josh let's SING!" Hannah

"MMMMM...this is yummy mommy. MM..mm..MM..mm..mm..MMMM!" Joshua

"Mommy? Can you make a big breakfast tomorrow with sausage and potatoes and eggs and pancakes and fruit and cereal?" Hannah (almost every night before I leave her room)

"LOOK HANNAH! I am going potty on the BIG potty NOW and I won't fall IN!" Joshua (nothing comes out yet, but their is progress in the right direction)

Those kids. I have been reading a lot in the bible and other christian books lately and over and over again I hear, "Be thankful for every moment in the day. Carpei Diem!" So I have been trying to be "present" each day and embrace my time with the kids. They are SO fun. Josh LOVES tickles. They can take him out of the worst mood. Hannah LOVES snuggle time and one on one time. We have been playing a little game, Hannah and I, that she started playing with my dad. Where I would say "I love you more than the world." and she would respond, "Well, I love you as high as the moon." She loves that game. I remember playing it with my dad when I was little. I want Hannah and Josh to KNOW that they are loved everyday. I took them out for milkshakes for thanking them and myself for cleaning the house. We went to Baskin Robins. They were oh so yummy. I can see the effects of mine in my tummy. lol. Then we went to the park, watched a movie, had baths, painted, cut hair, got into pjs, read stories and put them to bed.

This has been a pleasant day. = )

2 comments:

Molly said...

Aw, so sweet. I just love how you share the things your kids say. Really it's so cute. I had the most fun today with you guys. I wish we could do it again tomorrow!

Dawn said...

Brandon and Mike had a similar phrase when he was little. It was "I love you around the moon and to the stars!"