Saturday, February 24, 2007

I Need To Go To Bed ~

lol. It is late for me. I haven't been getting good quality sleep lately, but I just had to write about some things.

A couple of funny, wierd things my kids have been doing: Hannah and I were watching a movie and she had her water and I had mine. I told her I was going to finish my water and after that we could go up stairs. She said in response that she also was going to finish hers and before I new it she took her tall sippy cup and put the whole thing inside my glass full of water!!!! I was dumbfounded and soaken wet. I have to admit that I looked at her and said, "What the heck was that all about!!!" Both her and I didn't know if we should laugh or cry. She has been doing a lot of odd things lately testing her independence. Weird. Also, she is extremely observant and detail oriented. She notices EVERYTHING! One small example would be that on a DVD she saw a small "exclaim" icon on the cover. She said, "That is also on the Boz video!" What? How would a 2 year old pick that up. Here is one more. She was looking at the Faith Alive folder and saw Brian playing guitar at the Church in the Park. She said, "Why is Daddy playing THAT guitar?" She asked him that and he told her he was borrowing it from the shop because his was getting fixed. AMAZING. She did NOT get that gift from me. SO BEWARE!

Josh was doing something cute today. He didn't know where I was so he went into every room calling my name, "MAH!" "MAH!" He also LOVES the Barney videos. He will find the case and come to me holding it up saying, "MANEY!" I am trying to teach him his B sound, but I definitely know what he is trying to say. One more thing I want to document, he is now signing "more" and "hungry" I am starting to teach him "please" We'll see. = )

Lastly, I just got finished watching, "One Night with the King" Awesome movie. Great romance. All in all it is great to watch. So now I am a bit dreamy. I want to go daydream now a bit before bed. And read Esther in the bible.

3 comments:

AngieG said...

Love the stories about the kids!I'm watching my "p"s and "q"s in front of Hannah.
Side note, Rachel tried the "hand maiden" thing first because Leah had 4 boys already - it resulted in two boys (attributed to Rachel) - I think Gad and Nephtali (two of the 12 tribes). Leah could have no more so she sent her hand maiden - it was quite the competition. Then, it says very uncerimoniously, God opened Rachel's womb and she had Joseph (and I think Benjemin). All found in Gen. 30. I went home that night and looked it up. I knew I couldn't sleep until I found the truth. Rachel's boy is really hers! I'm glad for you since you love that story and glad I finally got my facts straight.

Molly said...

Trust me friend, these little guys will continue to amaze you. And they should, God wants it that way. This is the fun part of parenting.

I love the stories, love, love, love them. Your kids are not only smart and cute, but I love them just because they are yours!

I love it when Hannah looks at me with her big, brown eyes, then her big smile slowly appears, then I get a giggle. I know she is only two, but I consider her a friend of mine!

The movie was great! I need to watch it again too!

Alida said...

Aren't we just so blessed that we get to witness the growth of these wonderful little human beings? It never ceases to fascinate me.