Thursday, September 13, 2007

Joyce Meyer ~

I had a friend call me to ask if I saw Joyce Meyer the other day. She told me a little bit about the message and I thought I would watch it online. It was titled, "Are you full of God, or are you full of yourself?" Something like that. Anyway, what a convictiing message. It was good to hear though. I have been full of myself lately. I've been self-absorbed, self-conteous, self-indulgent, definsive, discontent. I also read an article on her website on being content. WOW, did those things really help give me perspective and peace. I needed to realize that just being saved by God's grace was good enough. And that spending time in the Bible regularly helped keep me in right thinking throughout the day. This is definitely a difficult lesson to learn and I know I will mess up, but I want to refocus my thoughts on God's love, love for others around me, and being thankful for what I have and where God has placed me at this moment. Today I feel a great peace and it feels so relieving.

The kids are always entertaining and all consuming. They're fun though. I've noticed that it helps to stay at home rather than going out, especially during their nap time. Not always, but a lot. They were easier to be with and not so demanding.

Hannah is watching a movie and she just said, "I am trying to get a stinker out of my bumb.......Ah, there it is." Nice.

Well, time to go and get Josh from his nap time. We get to go visit my family this Saturday for Jaden's birthday. I have missed my family recently so it will be fun. Hope everyone has a good OctoberFest weekend. = ) Let me know if you go. I'd like to hear what it's like.

1 comment:

Valerie of Momia said...

That's great that your friend called and that you feel your eyes have been opened. I think I should see that, too!!

Hannah, Hannah, Hannah! Funny girl!