Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Will Miss Them ~

Josh was crying hysterically. We finally realized he was teething. So we gave him medicine, but no oragel. I rocked him in his room, but still he was crying. I massaged his gums and asked him if that helped and he said yeah and went right to sleep. During that time Hannah got up and told Brian she needed to go potty. She was doddling so Brian was firm with her. When she walked up the stairs to go potty, she said, "Why are they hurting my feelings? I just don't like it when they hurt my feelings. Dad you really hurt my feelings." I almost started crying it was heartbreaking. Brian apologized and hugged her.

Are they a handful? YES! Will I miss them when I go on my Pastors Wives Retreat tomorrow. YES! I love my family so much. Brian, Hannah and Josh, even Austin our dog, bring much joy to my life. I am hoping they will enjoy their time together while I'm away. It should be a lot of fun. = )

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Off we go! I can't believe it's been a year already! That' just crazy!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away Lara! Your sweet family will be eagerly awaiting your return-refreshed and renewed from time away with friends.

Have fun. Enjoy every moment!

Alida said...

The best thing sometimes about getting away is returning home to loving hugs and kisses!

Enjoy!

momaof4 said...

I am a bit behind on my reading! I hope you had a good break and came home refreshed!!

Lion Heart said...

thats so sweet lara! what a great mom you are! they'll miss you to i'm sure of that!

Team Johnston said...

Hope you guys are having a blast at your retreat! :) Hannah, Josh & Brian will be happy to see you when you get home! :)
~Danielle :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for the very nice comment on my blog! You've been blogging FOREVER!!!
I notice that you don't have any pictures on yours, so I can't be sure, but those little ones you talked about wouldn't happen to be the ones CRYING for their mommy on Sharon's, would they? If they are...that picture made me feel so bad for them (and you)!!! They're adorable though.