Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Days ~

Okay so I wanted to write about a few things me and the kids have been doing to keep us from going insane being at home for the past few days. = )

We had snow and ice on our driveway yesterday and the day before so we took Josh's old crib mattress and slid down it a whole bunch of times. It was great. We even got Dad (Brian) to give it a try. So funny.

The kids wanted to have fishies (Gold Fish) for snack, but I couldn't get to the store this morning so we made our own version of them.

3 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
finely grated cheese (put these three ing. in a bowl)
1/2 oil
1 cup plus 2 Tbs. of water (in another bowl)

mix the two bowls together to make a dough (add flour if needed to make it not too sticky)

split the dough in two balls. One for each child. Roll out dough use cookie cutters (whatever on hand) put the cookies on greesed baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 20 mins. Salt them. Pretty good = )

I've also been trying to keep the tv off. I HAVE BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE COMMERCIALS THAT COME WITH THE GREAT CHRISTMAS SHOWS ON TV. I CAN'T LEAVE THE KIDS TO WATCH THEM ON THEIR OWN. So anyway I found a great radio station just for kids. They have the Wiggles, Veggietales, stories, christmas songs. It is : http://www.live365.com/stations/christmasmusic247b?play

Oh and if you want to have your children send Santa an email and get one back from him go to: http://www.emailsanta.com/email_santa.asp

Okay that's all for now I guess. Hope you are all doing well. Have a wonderful Christmas if I don't talk to you by then.

Lara~

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm with ya on the cooped up feeling. This weather just isn't my fav.

Great tip on the radio station! I'm going to see if I can get it on our radio!

Happy McNally Mom said...

Have a Merry Christmas.