Friday, May 12, 2006

My Daughter is not Sleeping ~

Just recently Hannah has decided that she is not tired when I say she is tired and needs a nap. Am I seeing the signs all wrong? She goes to bed late, wakes up early, and whines around the house with her blankey, rubbing her eyes. Is she tired? I think so. So I put her down in her room and she plays with her toys for a half hour, then knocks on the door saying 'Hannah's not tired mommy,' and finally after over an hour she is quite. I think sleeping. Am I being a bad mom letting her stay in her room til she finally goes to sleep. Or should I just let her get up when she wants and wait til she practically asks to go have her nap? What is a mother to do?

The kids haven't had a regular schedule for a while because of sickness and late nights out. I am questioning myself, should I stay home more often and stick to a regular routine? Or should I live my life the way I would normally and have my kids conform and adapt?

Ah, the peace. I am glad Hannah is sleeping. She really needed it. I just wish it wouldn't take over an hour. Oh well.

Gotta get back to cleaning. = )

No comments: