Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Friend ~

I had an idea of how my childhood friend and I should be now that we were adults. But I finally realized through her help that we have grown up, moved on and don't relate like we once did. We will always catch up and stay friends, but being "best-friends" will have to be a distant memory. I am really sad about this. Why do we have to grow up? Why do we have to move on? I know it's for the best and that God reveals other wonderful people and experiences to us as we journey through this life, but why can't we relive our memories from the past.

Life definitely is funny and I will have so many questions to ask God or have Him reveal to me when I get to heaven.

Just this past week I realized that I needed to fill my life with things that refuel my jets, refill my tank. I am, I guess and "Otter" type. Up, sanguine, fun-loving. But being a stay at home mom as brought a lot of Meloncoly and interverted tendencies that don't come naturally and rejuvenate me. So I am starting to go to a gym. I went last night for two hours and loved it. I was able to be around people and socialize. Sat in on a "groove" workout class, read my Joyce Meyer magazine I just received in the mail from an awesome friend of mine. Thank you friend. Hopefully I'll connect with you soon! And then treat myself to a Starbucks chai tea. I felt very rejuvenated when I came home. I talked Brian's ear off about all the fun things I just did and all the thoughts I was thinking about on the treadmill. I had a glimpse of the "real" me again. I am hoping this will really help. There are other things I am working on.

Anyway, I am glad I got to write about these things a bit. The kids are in their beds, but Hannah is refusing to sleep. Ug. At least I am able to be alone for a few minutes anyway.

3 comments:

Alida said...

I was speaking to a "stay-home" dad the other day and he mentioned how isolating it is to stay home with kids. I was totally relating and then he said, "Especially for a man!" He went on to explain that moms never invite him over for coffee or tea after the park. He can't get together really with guy friends because of the schedule. WOW! That would be pretty bad. So the point being, we women have each other and we need to reach out. Kudos to you for filling up your tank, for reaching out and doing something you enjoy!

P.S. I've been sick, so I haven't mailed anything yet, definitely by next week you get it! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

It is definitely a struggle to be a stay at home mom. I relate to the melancholy part of it at times. I'm glad you are finding ways to refill you tank-that is the best thing ever!

Molly said...

I love sharing life with you! What is the best for me, is how different we are yet we can still be close.

Lessons in life are hard to learn and growing up isn't always easy. God is faithful, when something is taken away, He generally replaces it with something even better.

Remember the past fondly is important, don't let your heart stop doing that. Hold onto your memories, they are important. Continue to open your heart up to new relationships, God just wants to share you with others because you are such a wonderful person. I will always be your friend, no matter what.