Sunday, March 18, 2007

Thoughts ~

Jesus came to bring life, and life to the FULLEST!!....Do you believe it? I thought I did, being a believer in Him since I was a little girl, trying to serve Him and do all of the right things He had asked me to do. But just recently I realized I wasn't experiencing Jesus' promise. I was too worried about doing the right thing and making God happy that I wasn't allowing Him to bless me with His joy and contentment that comes when we live LIFE. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the LIFE"

My life has had an underlying current of worry, fear, and frustration. As a christian I wasn't suppose to feel this way, was I? Do to certain situations God finally got through to me that

1) I needed to find the things that filled me up and make a way to do those things.
2) I needed to make Jesus my "best-friend" and go to Him with everything that was on my heart. He knows it all anyway.
3) I needed to read His word that He gave to me and to all of us as a precious gift full of insight and wisdom and power, everyday.
4) In order for me to truly and fully live life I finally needed to give my life completely to Him.

So today I am so thankful that God has revealed to me what living to the FULLEST really means and what it really feels like. I go to the gym, read great books, work in the yard, spend time with friends, read the Bible often, and pour my heart out to Him as much as I would a close friend, honoring Him with a close relationship, love and adore my husband and kids, and write heart songs as worship to God. Is my life FULL? YES!!!!!! It is the best feeling in the world. Thank you God for revealing this secret to me. It was hard to learn, but soooo worth it. Your grace is sufficient for me. Thank you. I love you.

1 comment:

Alida said...

Isn't funny how sometimes what's right in front of us is the hardest to see? I went to catholic school from 1st to 12th grade. My experience was mostly positive but those nuns, boy they love to tell you what you can't do all the time. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized my life was a gift and the best way to honor that gift was to enjoy it and use it to the fullest.