Sunday, April 22, 2007

Date Night ~

Ya know, the sun did decide to show up this afternoon. Were you there to see it? = ) I made myself sit outside during nap time and soak up the sun's warmth for awhile. That seemed to cheer me up.

Brian and I went to see Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymoore. It was such a cute movie. Great one for us musicians to watch. I found us looking at each other a lot and smiling or laughing at what was said or done. More than usual. It was so nice to be reminded that we share a great passion for music and more specifically worship music. We are starting to write some worship songs together. It has been great. We make a great team. I provide lyrics and ideas and he provides structure and groove. It's great! That is something to be excited about. We have been working on a song right now that has gotten us excited. We'll see how it is received. This is kind of a little secret passed time of ours. It has definitely been a gift from God. We can't take any credit for sure. But it shows me how awesome God really is. And how he cares about all of our passions and desires.

I am so glad the dulldrums faded away. They aren't fun to be in and they're hard to get out of sometimes. The sun does help and prayer. Maybe we should write a song called, "The sun and prayer" LOL. Just kidding. I better go to bed before I get too silly.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great date night~I'll rent that movie for sure!

I think it's awesome that you and Brian are such a great team! You guys have the perfect head coach, too! I can't wait to hear your new song!!

Molly said...

Glad to hear you could enjoy the sun yesterday.

How cool for you and Brian! You are inspiring me to set a date night up for Gary and I.

I only have one problem with the music writing thing...when are you going to share? Selfish, I know. Honestly, I am patiently waiting to hear God's word from you and Brian. God is so faithful to us, always growing us and showing us new things He wants to work out in our lives.

What could be better than to share life the way you and Brian are? God taking the strengths of you both and using it for His glory. That is so neat!