Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Is This For Real? ~

I had a friend open my eyes the other day on how some of my posts can be unrelatable. Lately I've been posting uplifting words of encouragement, revelation about God, blessings and thanks towards my kids, etc... This might be perceived as I've got an awesome life no worries, no problems. I am so thankful for this friend bringing this to my attention. It made a lot of sense to me. I write when I'm inspired, usually. But most of my days, especially lately have made me weary, stressed and ready to throw in the towel. My kids are wonderful and gifts from God, but oh my goodness they wear me out!!! I am being pulled by a three year old and 1 year old with very little break throughout the day that when they finally go to bed I am mush and have nothing more to give anything.

I finally had enough and started to schedule date nights, childcare at the gym, and other things that will (hopefully) bring some structure and fun back into my life. I was enjoying life a few blogs ago, but now I am finding myself reacting to it again. This has got to stop. I am running on empty.

It is at these times in my life I look at my and other blogs and want to right, but am not inspired to. God is so gracious and loving. And friends are so understanding and encouraging. It is in these times I find strength to get through at least one more day through God and my friends. = ) I think I have a date night scheduled next week!!! YEA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I love blogging is that I can say whatever I want, about whatever I want! I definitely notice that your blog is for documenting memories you don't want to forget and for talking about stages in your life spiritually, as a mom, and as a woman. I think it's great that you write about different subjects and I say write what inspires you and as often as is comfortable! If our blogs were all the same, it would be boring!

Molly said...

I agree with Leslie 100%. Besides, I don't always get to hear all the stories about Hannah and Josh, so reading them here is a treat for me! I love your blog and feel special to be included in reading it.

Alida said...

I find your blogs wonderful. Look, we are all in the same boat to some extent. Mothering, womanhood, being a wife. Some of us have 4 kids, some 2, some newborns. It can all be stressful and wonderful, sometimes at the same time. I love that you write what's in your heart. Hang in there, we are all in this together!