Sunday, April 22, 2007

Have You Ever ~

Have you ever had a day when you wake up, had a good sleep, you should be rejoicing and excited about all the wonderful things that will happen, but instead you feel numb inside? That is what I feel like today. It's a really wierd feeling. I'm coasting through.

What makes us feel this way sometimes? Is it our cycle? (Ya know what I mean). Or are we mulling over deep issues. Is it the mundane of day to day life? Or is it the weather? What is it?

Pastor is doing a great series on how we are spending our time. I really liked his message today about keeping on, keeping on when the going gets tough because there is a great reward heading our way. He said that living the christian life is like runnning a marathon. I thought about that for a second and yes it does seem that way. What a journey we are on.

Brian and I are having a date night tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I wish I could feel more emotion than this ho hum feeling.

I know, I'm making a choice right now to enjoy the rest of the day. To be thankful for whatever comes next and have a smile on my face. I don't want to be run by my emotions anymore. They are so unpredicable. And sun I am ready for you to show you face anytime, okay! lol.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I have days like those...they feel yucky, huh? I'm sorry today was like that for you. Maybe it'll just allow your date tonight to seem extra-spectacular compared to the ho-hum feelings earlier! : ) I'll pray to that end! Have a good time!

Happy McNally Mom said...

I'm with you the sun thing!!!! Lord please bring the sun.
Thank you for being so honest and making me realize that other mom's have those kind of days.

Molly said...

Yep, I sure have. Today in fact, was it the weather?

No matter what, isn't it comforting to know that God loves us just as much on these days as He does any other day. Always we can come to Him just as we are.

Sharing parts of ourselves with others, like you do, is so healthy...for you and us.

Alida said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading, but I remember this day specifically. Yep, it was the weather!