Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Defeating the Letdown ~

Have you ever gone to a conference or experienced something big and then you find yourself back to your normal life just spent and letdown? I am feeling that way today and fighting it. I had to really keep myself busy around the house and had to really pray and spend time with God to help with the emotions I was feeling. I took the kids to Dairy Queen and we got corn dogs and milkshakes, and then took them to a park nearby and sat in the car eating our snack and reading Psalms together. It was actually quite nice. Hannah got into it. Josh was a bit fussy. (he didn't get a corndog lol)

I gleened from Paul Baloche, Kathryn Scott, Brenton Brown, Charlie Peacock, and so many others, all I wanted to do is be back there to spend more time with these people. Do you know how many times I had to tell myself to calm down today?Unfortunately patience does not come easily. Working on it.

Anyway, it's exciting to be back and working on writing and arranging songs. Kathryn Scott said she just didn't work on writing with the kids around. How she keeps herself from doing that is beyond me. I can't get enough. I find myself going to the piano every chance I can get. Yes, the kids are all around me wanting to play, wanting my attention. It is such a discipline to defer to them and put my other passion on hold. I guess it's a healthy challenge. Builds character. Still difficult though.

Josh is so ready to walk. He is cruising quite a bit now. Did I mention how adorable he is. He is a smiler. Hannah is a thinker. She has to process whether or not she should smile back at you or not. lol. They're so different.

I think I shall go and rest. It is finally quiet. Ah..........

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

Thanks for the encouragment about patience. Not good about that, with my kids, others yes, kids.....not so much.