Monday, January 29, 2007

Did You Enjoy The Sunshine? ~

I sure did. I got a chance to get out and have some alone time today. Went to the church and practiced some worship songs in the sanctuary. It was so relaxing and rejuvenating. When I get to spend time with God talking or singing or praying I am restored and refreshed. I know the 4 R's. lol. But it is so true. I find that I get bogged down by life's pressures way too easily. It must be my nature. So finding calm and quiet brings much needed balance.

Brian and I have been trying to fight off colds for a couple of days now. I am over the worst, but my poor husband is just not feeling well. He has the chills and chest cough. It is hard to see him like this. You know how special he is? He took care of the kids today so that I could go practice for a few hours and then take a much needed nap in the day. I felt very spoiled today. I hope he knows how much I love him and appreciate all that he does.

A couple of random side notes to get you updated, Thursday I went to a Naturalization Ceremony. Yes, I am now an American citizen. It was a pretty special event I must say. There were 47 countries represented, about 150 people not including all the family and friends attending. It was held on the 16th floor of the courthouse. Brian and the kids were there, but out of the room with the stroller. Brian would peek in every now and then to see the back of my head. Everyone in charge was so gracious and accomidating. The Judge led us through an oath of citizenship and then the Pledge of Allegience. He thanked us for the sacrifice we each had to make to become part of this country. Then they gave us our certificates and an American flag (that Hannah and Josh ended up playing with). It was fun and a bit moving. Brian was so proud of me. He took us to the Macaroni Grill. Yum, Yum. It is probably my favorite restaurant. The food is delicious everytime!

Second random side note (you're going to kill me for this unimportant one), but I am trying a new deoterant. okay. Yes, I will give everyone a moment to laugh.......................

Okay, now seriously, it is a crystal stone from the health foods store. I wanted to get away from using antipersperant because of the alluminum content. So I am on day one and not stinky. I couldn't believe it. Not that I have a terrible problem with this, but I put it on in the morning and it lasted the whole day! Let me check one more time......Yep, still working. LOL!!!!! The crystal was only $6.- dollars and is suppose to last for a year. So I will keep all of you posted on this. I know you will all be dying to find out the results.

Well, I am going to do a couple of things and then try to watch 24 with Brian. Note the "try" I get scared pretty easily. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weirdly enough, I've heard of that crystal thing. So really, give updates if it does work. Congratulations on becoming a citizen!

Glory Laine said...

What a funny post! You had me laughing. Welcome to the US of A. Sure to be a better place with you voting.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a citizen and on the new deoderant! Good news all around.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming an American citizen! I am so proud of you!

Love your post, it had me laughing too!

I use the crystal deoderant and love it. I bought mine well over a year ago and it's still about the same size. I don't really have a BO problem, so I mostly use it in the summer time. I know, I know, more information than you needed to know...did you expect any less from me?

The Davis Family said...

YAY! You're an American Citizen!! You won't be deported. I've been worried about you for years. Now you probably know more about America (ahem...I mean the US) than I know about Canada. Err, maybe I should say you probably know more about US than I know about the US. Hmm.
Do remember when you asked me to name 3 provinces and I said Victoria, Toronto, and Prince Edward Island?
I'm glad to see you're blogging more. It's good to hear how things are going for you there!
~ Cat