Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Love and Me ~

I woke up. It was a new day. I was excited to drop the kids off at the babysitter's and drive with my hubby to someplace fun. I asked Brian to plan everything. It was a great gift. He came up with such a cool idea to go ice skating. I was so excited to do something different. I think the last time either of us skated was in Junior High!! Anyway, on our way up there we realized that we wouldn't have enough time to enjoy being alone. Most of it would be spent in the car. So spur of the moment, we decided to stop off at the Family Fun Center. It was awesome! We stopped off at Starbucks first to get some much needed food, sat in our car in the parking lot eating, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. (there was a guy power-washing the sidewalk and it was right next to the freeway!) LOL! But to us that was quiet. We played and played and played. The go carts, batting cages, rollerball, dance nation, video games, air hockey (I won!) YES! = ) And bought some fun stuff for the kids. We also got our pictures taken in one of those photo booths. So funny! You'll have to ask to see them. By the way, I thought we went on the bumper cars, instead of go carts. I laughed the whole time I was ramming into Brian with my car. He was looking at me wierd, but I thought he was just bugged that I was winning. = ) Until we stopped and I saw this tiny sticker on the back of the cars that read, "DO NOT BUMP THE OTHER CARS!" Brian taddled on me. It was hilarious in my opinion. Then we had a nice early dinner. What a great day that was. We laughed and flirted and just remembered how it was before kids. It was very refreshing.

Brian and I have been married for 7 years now. He is a very special man to me. So loving and devoted. Everything I am not, he is, which completely balances me out. I love it. I learn from him everyday something amazing and wise. We complete each other. He is definitely my best friend who pretty much knows me inside and out. We have reached the point in our marriage where we can't get away with anything anymore. We can read each others expressions and know what it going on. We love each other unconditionally and want to spend the rest of our lives together. What a rich life I have with my amazing husband and two precious little children. Thank you God for blessing me abundantly. Brian is such a gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome that you and Brian had a wonderful anniversary! I love that you are so spontaneous! How EXTREMELY refreshing!

momaof4 said...

What FUN. It is a blessing to have those wonderful hubby's in our lives. What would we do with out them? Who would we be without them? Scary, crazy ladies!!

Happy McNally Mom said...

I am so excited for you and Brian. Marriage is such a blessing. God gave us such a wonderful gift when He gave us a husband.