Wednesday, January 17, 2007

To Write or Not to Write ~

That was the question. = ) I love writing, but I also love being quiet, reading, spending time with Brian and then going to bed at 9-10pm. So that doesn't leave me much time to sit down and write on my blog.

I have really begun to quiet down my life since the New Year. I am conciously more aware of what goes on in the month, rather than being so random and booking something everyday of the week. In the Bible, I think in 1 Corinthians it talks about symplifying your life. My friend resently purchased the "Joyce Meyer" Bible and loved it. So I thought I would give it a try too. I LOVE IT! I can't stop reading it. Which is a good thing, right? I love her commentaries and notes. Anyways, in that passage she notes that the more simple your life can be the more peace and joy you will receive. Okay, so I am taking her on. And it seems to be working. I know it hasn't even been a month, yet, however I am hopeful. It got me to think about all of the things that were important to me. Now this revelation also came with another one, that God didn't care what we did with our lives except only that we would use what he has given us for his glory, his work. I for so long have felt pressure from within and from family to further my singing into a career. Well, I tried so many different avenues, broadway, jazz, cover bands, classical, pop, you name it, but found myself only wanting to sing for and to God. That was where I felt the most fulfilled. But recently, I have felt God saying to me, slow down, be still, wait on me. Almost, die to your self and your dreams and follow me.

What a wrestling match I have been having with God lately. Anyway, I am doing that now. I still write and sing when I can, but my mind isn't constantly on higher asperations and goals. It is staying in the moment with my adorable children, with my wonderful husband, and with my relationship with God. My spirit has calmed down quite a bit.

So now my life consists of kids, Brian, God (I know that is the wrong order, I am working on it) = ) Some time with friends, reading, writing music, and sleeping, oh and keeping the house clean. I think that is about all I can handle right now. Even that is a bit much at times. = )

Hannah has started potty training, offically this week. We started her a couple of days ago half with diapers and half without. She had some accidents, but I am so proud to say that today she had 0 accidents, when to the bathroom everytime, held it during naps. (Yes, there were rewards involved, but hey I'm not complaining) She was SOOOO proud of herself today. Her daddy came home (with some helpful nudging from a friend lol ) with a balloon for her that read "You're Special." And he bought me a rose as well. Good Job Brian!! Hannah is also drawing really well, I think, for a 2 year old. Today I found a picture she drew a while ago of a pig! And then today she drew some suns with smiley faces on them. Is this normal? Seems unique to me. Oh well, I am a proud momma, I know.

Joshua started taking his first few steps yesterday morning with his father. He stands on his own every once and awhile. It will be fun seeing him try to keep up with Hannah around the house. Oh, side note, during one of Hannah's trips to the potty I was busy washing her hands and found Josh's hand in the toilet, playing with the water!! YUK!!! Thankfully we had flushed it. He is definitely a curious George. Okay one more thing, we came home from study and our dog was waiting for us. Josh started saying, "Austin, Austin, Hi Austin, Hi Austin" When we put him down he imediately went to him and started playing with him. So cute. One more thing. He says, "mmmm!!!" when he eats something he likes. What a cutie. Okay, okay, I'll stop for now. = )

Okay, it's almost my bedtime cutoff. Hope to write again soon. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that we can share this part of our lives now. (It's about time I joined up!) I am proud of you for letting God work in your life. It isn't always easy. You will reap the rewards, both here and in Heaven. Yeah for Hannah, I can't wait to talk to you and hear more!