Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Love's Inspiration ~

I've been inspired by so many people in my life. My husband, Brian inspires me to reach for my dreams, to be comfortable with who I am, and to shut my mouth and think before I speak. He is naturally a process thinker and does this effortlessly, I on the other hand am on a huge learning curve. Let's see I've been on it for hmm...over five years now. lol. My parents inspire me to love and accept others unconditionally and also through their 32 year commitment to eachother. My wonderful new friend, Stephanie, inspired me today to start my first ever webblog. It is a bit intiminating, but she made it sound like fun! = ) The only one however, who inspires me the most every single day is my little baby girl, Hannah.

She is the light of my life. She has the sweetest, honest spirit that is always radiating. Life makes her happy. Everything is a new experience for her and she delights in learning about it all. I watch her for hours going from one thing to the other studying, smiling, and filling her face with excitement and joy over the newest thing she has discovered. Hannah is 13 months old. She is walking and creating her own new language. I would not be surprised if I heard something similar in other part of the world.

How does she inspire me so much? She makes me want to be the best mom I can possibly be. When life starts to way on my shoulders she reminds me that there are still so many things to be discovered and enjoyed. Through her loving smile I find myself smiling. I know 100% that she puts her whole trust and love in me. What a gift to be given. I just can't imagine my life without her. And to think I have another one on the way. he, he. Or should I say 'Ug' give me another cracker. = )

Being a mom was pretty far off my radar screen when I found out I was pregnant with Hannah. But it's amazing how God creates someone so wonderful, so part of you and intrusts her into your care. I am the best mom for Hannah and she is the best daughter for me.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I get to post the first comment...yay!
What a sweet post! It is amazing how inspiring these little girls are, isn't it? Their smiles, their laughs...hard to think that another child could do the same, but then when the other child comes along, well they are just as equally inspiring.
Looking forward to reading about your parenting adventures.

Stephanie said...

PS: if you need any help with the links on the side, just let me know. We could get together next week, and I'll show you some HTML tips.