Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sunshine and friendship are a good thing ~

What a great day today was. I woke up at 6:00am and decided to go down to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Very few people were awake and the sun was starting to rise. I felt like I just drank a huge glass of ice cold water and felt refreshed. I wish I could feel perky every morning and go running or something productive, but no those times are very few and far between.

Hannah and I met up with our friends (not sure if they want us to mention their names so I won't) at the library for story time. We got there a bit late, but was able to spend some time singing and moving and reading a fun story. Then we came over to our house for lunch and some hang time. It was very relaxing and low-key. Our little girls were fun to watch. Each of them had unique personalities and traits already developing. Oh and did I mention how adorable they were. I'm sure they were thinking the exact thing about us moms. Yeah RIGHT!

We played, went for a walk, sat outside and talked in the awesomeness of the day and enjoyed eachothers company. I have always felt that life is so much more fulfilling when you have great friends and family to share it with. It takes on a new light.

I hope that you will forgive me for not writing yesterday, but I was watching AMERICAN IDOL!! I got hooked, big time. So did my husband. We were and are loyal fans of Bo's so our whole family voted, 1 vote for Brian, 1 for Hannah, and 1 for me. It took him 1 1/2 hours to get through so we're hoping that was a good sign. However, I have an interesting feeling that Carrie might actually go home with the win. They both deserve to win. I wish they could have a tie. I guess we'll see tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends sure do make being a mommy even more fun!
So how are you feeling about the Bo loss? I was hooked as well but couldn't make my mind up on who should win...but thought carrie would take it. Looks like that's what happened but I bet Bo will go on to have a contract too!
Great garage sale sun today! Any plans this weekend? Maybe we should go on a bargain hunt soon!

Lara said...

Ya know Rachel, I was bumbed, but not surprised. I really hope that Bo will be snatched up in a second and able to do a rock album with a band. It was a really close race! Too long of a program in my opinion. I guess you had to be there to appreciate it fully.

YES!!! Let's go garage saling. BRian and I are staying here. What are you guys doing? I'd be up to going tomorrow or next week. Actually, we might have a garage sale of our own next week. Let's set something up~