Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday ~

Ya know, I was thinking of so much to say today after reflecting on the message at church and on the books I've been reading, but I am afraid I'm going to have to make this short, leaving those other thoughts til' tomorrow.

It was a good day to be challenged. Our lives are suppose to be like running a race. You need to train, get into shape, create a disciplined routine, stay committed, and finish the race running like you want to win the prize. This definitely can apply to my commitment as a christian, but where it really hit home for me was in my dream of singing.

I've had this dream ever since I was six years old to be a professional singer, sharing a message through the songs I sang of God's power, His faithfulness and love to as many people as I could. Mainly though to churched people. I see so many (and have been this way myself) people going to church every Sunday, forgetting to praise God for His awesomeness, forgetting to thank Him for Jesus, forgetting to ask for His power and strength from His spirit. We all find ourselves going through the motions a lot of the time and I feel God wants to use me to remind others to feel Him again.

I've stopped running and started walking the track, hoping that God would show me an easier shortcut, but non has come my way so far. He needs me to be disciplined and determined, with the goal infront of me. This is a constant struggle. I deeply want God to see that I accomplished this goal and to be proud of me. Like I said it has been a good day to be challenged.

So many other things to talk about. = ) My family is doing good. We all had a much needed nap in the afternoon and made pancakes from scratch for dinner. (I was so proud of myself, lol)
I went to be bed early last night again and I'm telling you I am such a nicer, happier person. So I better get to sleep. Thank you for reading and considering my thoughts. I hope you can find comfort, support, and inspiration here. = ) Good night.

No comments: