Monday, May 23, 2005

Take it back ~

Have you ever done or said something that you just wish you could take back? Ug. That was today. It wasn't that bad, I guess. I don't know what came over me. Brian had asked me to pick up something while I was at the grocery store. Ok, no problem. I got everything and a little extra and headed for the register. When I got there I realized that I had forgotten to bring my card. Something tweeked in my brain and I became this totally other person (or maybe my true self came out. lol). Anyway, I pleaded and begged the cashier to help me out and to understand my dilemma. And of course they are required to say that it is against the stores policy to make an exception. I really was mainly frusterated with myself. How could I forget something so important. And then embarrassed for making a scene. I felt bad afterwards and wanted to rewind and start again.

So after dinner I went back and what Brian wanted was gone. Oh brother. I got his second choice and the cashier guy was gone also. No apology today. I use to get myself into these predicament when I was a teenager, what happened? I guess I made another memory. Brian just laughed at me when I told him the story. He knows I can get a little intense at times.

Anyway, today was a good day. Perfect day for my neighbor and I to take our dogs for a walk. They loved it. Then for lunch Brian, Hannah and I sat out on the deck and drank in the sunshine and the view. After Hannah went to bed we sat outside again and had ice cream. What a perfect ending to an almost perfect day. ~

No comments: