Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Be Quiet Austin I Am Trying To Think ~

It is too funny. Austin is an over 100 lbs. Golden Retriever and he is breathing really, really heaving right now. HAAAHHHH, HAAHHHHHH, HAAAHHHHHH, HAHHHAHHH. If a little dog did this it would be cute, but since he is sooo big it is almost shaking the house. Not quite, but still it is hard to think. = ) I love him though. He has been a great dog. We got him when he was a month old. Brian and I spontaneously drove from Palm Desert California 7-8 hours up to Bakersfield just to get this dog. He was the runt of the litter, the last available purebred and when we got there a little pug dog peed on his little puppy face. It was soo funny. He was our baby. Not a baby anymore, no way.

Today was a good day. Weird a bit in the morning. I had probably the worst dream in my life. Why does that happen? Brian and I watched the Twin Towers movie, which was good, but disturbing. I am the type of person who places myself in that situation and almost lives it out like it was reality. So those two things made my heart feel very anxious and unsettled.

I read two things in the bible that spoke to me and helped calm my spirit. The first one was Psalm 55:2 "Attend to me and answer me, I am restless and distraught in my complaint and must moan." v.22 "Cast you burden on the Lord (releasing the weight of it) and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to fail." This was awesome to be reminded of because sometimes I get into this frame of mind where I think I have to have to fight a negative spirit with positive thoughts. And I do believe that we should, but there are times I don't have the strength to be positive and I need a place to vent. It was so refreshing to hear that "the man after God's own heart" David, was able to moan and complain to God. I find that when I do this the Holy Spirit corrects my thinking for me and calms me down with peace and perspective.

The second verse was I Corinthians 10:13 "...God is faithful(to His word and to His compassionate nature), and He can be trusted not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will always also provide the way out, that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently." Thanks God. I am so glad I can come it him for help and that He will never put be through anything I cannot handle. After I read those I felt so much better.

The rest of the day I met with my neighbor friend for awhile and then had a play day with some of Josh's little girl-friends. = ) They are soo cute together, all about the same height and even hair color, born within a month from each other. I hope we get to do that more often. It's fun to watch our kids grow up, ya know. And they are so dag gon CUTE!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Isn't it awesome that the Word of God is so alive? It's evidenced in your words today. God's steadfast love and mercy are new every morning!