Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day ~

What a nice day to celebrate Mother's Day. It was breezy, but the sun was shining. We went to Red Robin for dinner and then took the kids to the park. I had a much needed nap and didn't do any cleaning. Hey it's Mother's Day. Brian gave me a very kind card with lots of writing in it. (he can be a man of few words) and the movie "Music and Lyrics." If you haven't seen it you should rent it. It was a cute romantic movie and since we like music we could relate to it on another level as well. = )

Well, I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day. Have a wonderful week. I think it is suppose to be beautiful weather the next couple of days. Is it time to wear flip/flops? Hannah is dying to get a pair. She asks every boy or girl who is wearing them if she could try them on, stranger or not. Too funny.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lara-Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day and got a nap in too....now that's the perfect day!

Flip flop weather? Morgan has been wearing them since March! If she owns a pairs, she's gonna wear them. She already needs another pair for the summer.

Molly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. That is great. Thanks for sharing your gift of music with all of us this weekend. Bless you.

Valerie of Momia said...

I can imagine little Hannah asking strangers if she can try on their flip flops. Do you remember when they were "thongs"? Or was that a regional thing??? :)

Valerie of Momia said...

P.S. Nice tattoo ;)

Lara said...

I know that Hannah would be the same way with them Leslie. Are girls are so cute to watch grow up aren't they? = )

Ya know Valerie, I just called my pair thongs today and Hannah looks at me and says, "thongs? what are thongs Mom?" No regional thing, generational thing is my guess. lol. I finally took off my tatoo today. It was sad. I felt cool when I had it on. Oh well, I don't think I am brave enough for a real one.

Alida said...

A NAP!!! Wohoo girl, that was the perfect Mother's Day. Good for you!

P.S. Yes, I called them thongs too, but now that has a whole new meaning. (Just as long as they don't start refering to any type of underwear as flip-flops:) )

Lara said...

That's funny Alida! = )