Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mini Vacation ~

We are having a little vacation with my parents, the kids and I. Brian is doing some much needed home improvements and getting a lot done. It has been so nice to watch the kids with their grandparents. The bonds with family are so important. Josh adores my dad. He hugged him and when my dad picked him up, Josh laid his head down on his shoulder for 10 mins just giving his Opa loves.

The kids have been saying some great things lately. Josh's new words are, "outside", "home", "why?", "mommy", "watch (as in watch this guys), "umm", "ruff", "meow", "all done", "no", "I want this" and the coolest thing was today he sang on pitch the beginning of Barney's "I love you" song. "I love you, I love me, menemeneamily" It was incredible. Poor Brian this always happens to him. The kids do something amazing and he is away.

Hannah is just cute. What else can i say. She wanted to walk with the umbrella all by herself. All you could see was this umbrella walking beside me very slowly I might ad, trying to find its way up the side walk. I enjoy life through her eyes. We're in my parents guest bathroom and she says, "there are TWO sinks mom!! I can't BELIEVE IT!" We don't have that luxury at our house. = ) We went garage saling yesterday and everytime we would find one she'd say "ANOTHER ONE!!" "YEA!!!!!" She was so focused on finding a ring, we got her a bike, a watch, but that wasn't good enough, finally we found a ring. She is a grown up now.

All in all these two kids of mine just make me laugh. They are a joy and a challenge, but mostly a joy.

4 comments:

Lion Heart said...

This is so sweet. I'm glad your enjoying a short little vacation.

Sharon said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love when the kids get granparent time. It's so great for both the grankids AND the grandparents!

Wende said...

I am glad to hear another Mom is listening to the "I love you" song. I have to say that was the first song for Tabitha as well. She is following in her big brothers foot steps.
Sounds like you had a great mini vacation, aren't they wonderful?

Lara said...

They are wonderful. It was a great break. I never thought I would actually enjoy and endorse Barney, but I am a big fan now. My kids love him. = )