Sunday, May 20, 2007

Kid Moments ~

Hannah: "Can I talk to you?"

Daddy: "Hannah, can you go sit on the couch and wait until your mommy and I are done talking?"

Hannah: Quiet

Hannah:"Daddy, can I tell you something?"

Daddy: "Just a minute Hannah."

Hannah: "But I've been waiting such a long time."

Priceless.

We were very busy today, leading worship with the kids in childcare all morning, little break, come back for Team Meeting, lead it, and then bible study. So after church around lunchtime Hannah wanted me to tell the Rodolf the Red Nose Raindeer story in the car. (I have my own version) So it was pretty long, but good. lol. Anyway, at 9:00pm on the way home she wanted me to tell it to her again. I said no, but she insisted, so I said I would tell her the short version. Well, I tried to shorten it a bit, but after it was done she laughed and said, "Wow mom that was long!"


Josh and I are totally bonding with our own lovey codes. Josh started to say "ummmm" (wonder where he got that from), so now we look into each others eyes and say ummmm then nock our heads together, still starring into our eyes, with big smiles on our faces. Ah, he just melts me. I can't help it. It's our little code and I love it.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Often times I feel "entitled" to my time with Gary, especially if he has been away. I forget that the kids have missed him too and they want to share stuff too.

If it's hard for me to wait, how much harder for them. I know they have to learn...and it looks like Hannah is learning...in her sweet three year old way. Love her.

What a bond for you and Josh. Zach and I still have that. Different than any of the other kids. It has changed the way it looks, but the heart is still there. Enjoy and don't despair, it won't ever leave, it will just grow and grow in new ways. I love your Josh, he is precious!