Sunday, August 17, 2008

God Is Impressive! ~

Okay, I just had to blog about this one. God has been teaching me lately about obedience. If you have any interesting stories about being obedient to God's voice, I would love to hear them. = )

Today I didn't want to go to church. WHAT!?! A pastor's wife not wanting to go to church? How could that be?! Hey, I'm human, very human and I was tired, didn't get a lot of sleep. I was imagining how great it would be to wake up, stay in my pj's, watch tv with the kids, eventually make breakfast, and then sit and play with my children til Dad got home from church. But my little girl (I truly believe God uses our kids to get our attention) asked what day it was going to be after night, night. I told her it was going to be Sunday. She said, "Sunday, really! YEA! I get to go to class!" Oh brother. Okay so I knew it was important to go.

We got ready to go to the early service. I dropped the kids off and headed for service. I remembered that God wanted my sacrifice of praise today so I focused on the words we were singing and started praying them to God. It was very healing. The message was on Parenting, which I REALLY needed to hear. But when it was time to take offering I felt I needed to put in $2.00. But we tithe as a family. But I only have $8.00 left to get me through til Weds (payday). But I need to use that money for gas. But, but, but. Then I submitted and honestly with a peaceful spirit I gave those $2.00 into the offering basket. I felt good. I knew I was obeying God. I believed that God would multiply it and help us somehow get through til Weds. Well I found $10.00 extra dollars in my purse. Cool. I think we can make it on that.

Then, this is where it got good. I was going to take my kids back home and not stay for the second service. My kids usually have to stay for both services because I am usually on worship team with their dad. So I thought it would be nice for them to get out early. I went to get my daughter and she asked if she could stay for one more service. Well, okay. Then I went down to check on her brother and he was doing fine. So alrighty then. A little bit more of a break for me. he he. I started mosinging around talking with people and getting ready for the next service. As I was walking around, one of my voice student's dad pulled me aside and said, "I am glad I caught you, I barely see my daughter anymore (she's a teenager. Ya know.) so here is your check for this month's lessons." WOW! Money! Just kidding. Money isn't everything, but the COOL thing was that God provided and Multiplied those $2.00to be more than enough to get through.

Remember Chris Tomlin's song "Enough?" He showed me that today! Isn't He impressive! Test God and be obedient to His voice and He will show you too how amazing He is.

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Lara!

Thanks for your encouraging comment. We are in the midst of packing and more packing because if all goes according to plan our house will no longer be ours as of this Thursday.

God is faithful!

Molly said...

It took me awhile to find your new spot here. Love the new look, great job on everything!
Love this post. You are sharing from your heart the things God is speaking to you. Incredible. He is faithful. Always waiting to bless us, but we have to give Him room to do it. Thanks so much for sharing your faith expirence. Which in turns helps us all trust God a bit more. Love you friend.