Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Asked, He Answered ~

Before I get to what I wanted to write about, I have been thinking a lot about our little blogging world we're in. It sure is strange, don't you think? I read other blogs and start to feel like I really know these people. But then reality kicks in and I only "know" them through the computer. So I am sorry to anyone whom I might have been a little too friendly to. I have come to realize that it still is so important to develop friendships outside of my computer, in person, so that is going to be my focus from now on. I had thought about stopping, but this has been such a wonderful way of communicating that I have decided to continue on. I still love reading so many of your blogs. Your lives are truly wonderful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing pieces of your life with us all. (okay I am back to the topic at hand)

I asked and He answered. YES! God is truly AMAZING! I need to document this because it is beginning to fade. A while back I had a very difficult time I was going through. I found myself on the floor in my room weeping uncontrollably. I like to be in control of everything so this was uncharacteristic of me. I asked God to please speak to me through His word because I needed to KNOW He was listening. I heard a voice say Revelations 2:5 (but I then read verse 4 which was what spoke to me) "4But I have this [one charge to make] against you: that you have left (abandoned) the love that you had at first [you have deserted Me, your first love]. You see for the passed few days I had been listening to Michael Olson's song "First Love," over and over and over again. It was the song I was clinging to and weeping with. In the verse you can see it said "Your First Love." Now that is not a coincidence. I knew God was listening. Isn't that cool!

God hears. God is with us all. He is amazing. I know He loves You and me intimately.

Lara~

1 comment:

Andrea C. Parker said...

It's so great to read your blog and get to know you! Praise God that He answers!!