Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Allergies ~

Yes, allergies. Brian and I both have them pretty bad this summer. Brian wants to scratch his eyeballs out and I want to get rid of my stuffy nose. LOL. It's pretty funny actually.

Well, Hannah and I are back home now. We had a great time with my parents. I believe that when your heart and body cries "go on vacation!" you need to listen. I didn't realize how exhausted I've been lately. I took good naps there. I also didn't realize how much I missed my friends and family.

The barbacue was great. Saw lots of people. Our old house was decorated very nicely. They did a great job. I took lots of pictures to show Brian and he also agreed with me. I was able to visit with my old neighbor. Got the scoop on what was happening with the neighborhood. I had forgotten how beautiful and quiet it was where we lived. We went to church Sunday and saw so many people, choir members and staff. I put Hannah in the nursery thinking she would need me to stay with her a while to get used to the new enviornment, ah no. She barely new I was even there. That girl, she is so funny to me. Sometimes so independent. I was sad for a second and then remembered 'hey I was free for an hour, yea.' = ) I learned what I appreciated about living there and also what I appreciated about living here.

Up there I was working two jobs and Brian was working two jobs. Here I don't need to work. I really am thankful for that. We used to commute a half hour to hour a day to and from work. Here, it is less than 15 mins. I came back home with a goal to learn as much as I could about this place and go out and live an adventure. We rarely had time to do that before. I am finding out this place has lots to explore.

Hannah has been working on her words lately. She can say now, "papa", "oma", "cracka" for cracker, "nellow" for yellow, and "paboo" for peekaboo. She also has been wanting to put on her shoes BY HERSELF, put on her socks BY HERSELF, put the pacifier in her baby dolls mouth BY HERSELF, etc... If I try to help her without her permission, oh brother, I get a big tantrum. Another thing I've been teaching her is to climb up the stairs with my supervision of course. Well, I had forgotten to update Brian so when he came out of the bathroom the other day he found her up the first flight of stairs playing with the door mat. AHHH!!!! I guess she was able to do it all BY HERSELF, but how scary was that!! One more thing she started a couple of days ago was to bury her head in my legs, always wanting to be close to me. It is very flattering, but being pregnant and having a 23 lbs. baby wanting to be in your arms all the time is a bit hard on me. It seems like some moms can pull it off and have it not even faze them, ah not me. I have come to terms that I am a WIMP!! Oh well, such is life. I sure do love her and think the world of her.

I think I've been feeling the other little one kick every now and then. I am at that stage where you're thinking 'is this baby still alive?' I remember that month with Hannah, I barely felt pregnant. All I can do is just trust that everything is alright. We have our next ultrasound July 8th. Can't wait. We want to find out this time. Good planning. Hopefully the baby will cooperate. I am definitely in my maternity clothes now. Thankfully I think I have found some cute outfits to wear this summer. I don't feel like such a big fat whale anymore with maternity clothes hiding the evidence. lol.

No comments: