Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I Lift My Eyes ~

That is what I've been wanting to do all day long. Lift my eyes to the Lord. Today has been a 'full of all sorts of emotions' day. My mom said that I had to remember that I am more hormonal now in my pregnancy. I sure hope she is right.

I've been dealing with a lot of things lately. When to be a crusader and when to be a listener, when to intervine and when to step out of a situation, when to open myself freely to people and when to let time reveal who I am? Without getting into too much detail, I hope that makes sense.

I've also really been missing my parents lately and am thinking Hannah and I will pay them a visit this week. I am not looking forward to the trip part of it, but I am thinking it would be a good thing for us to do.

On a lighter note, I've been wondering for a while now what does 2T, 4T, etc... actually mean? I bought some things that were 2T and they barely fit Hannah. I thought they were ment to be for 2 year olds??? So confused.

Also, I asked my friend if she worried about bringing up her little one in a certain way so that she would grow up to be a good person? Because I do. And she said something that I never even considered. She said, "no" that since her and her siblings turned out okay she felt that her baby would probably do the same thing with following her mother's example as a guide. I loved that. I am going to try to think that way more.

I better go, but I will leave you with a part of a song Susan Ashton sang that has been playing over and over in my head. And has been a constant comfort to me.

"I lift my eyes to the hills
For where does my help come?
My help it comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not let my foot be moved.
He who keeps me will not slumber.
Behold who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is my keeper
The Lord is the strength on my right hand.
The sun shall not hurt me
By day nor the moon by night
The Lord is my keeper
The Lord is the shade on my right hand.
The Lord is my keeper
From this time forth and forever more."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you yesterday. It gets pretty crazy with all us moms and kids along, but crazy in a good way. The sound of life, and growing up.
I hope I didn't come across as sounding like I don't ever worry. In fact, I spent the fix six months of Sydney's life worrying all the time! But then God spoke to me, and I have learned to give up some of that worrying. It's definitely a God thing!

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://ikegfyks.com/nalh/nbuw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://skeqfybj.com/zthd/wkht.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://ikegfyks.com/nalh/nbuw.html | http://olsrmswc.com/betd/qwcp.html