Thursday, June 30, 2005

I Get Lost In The Wind ~

The steady breeze is blowing through the windows escaping down the hallway. When I feel the touch of the wind I get caught in a trance. Does that ever happen to you? It reminds me to stop and breathe. It speaks calmness into my soul and for a moment I feel like this day is going to be manageable. It whispers all of the positives that have happened during the day, reminding me to look up and get out of the slump I'm in. You can probably tell I am pretty meloncholy at times. = ) I'm telling you I find that when I am pregnant my moods exaggerate. I'm either so high on life or I'm blue and can find a million things why. This blog is not ment to be a downer. I promise there have been some wonderful times this past week that I will share. It's just I love having a place to lay my thoughts down. I need a place to be honest and real; a place to be me. Thank you.

Being at home full time has had it's ups and downs. For the most part I wouldn't change a thing. However, there are times when I feel like I am the lead character on "Groundhog Day." That is such a disturbing movie for me. Brian loves that movie. It's one of his faves. For me it makes me cringe because to do the same things over and over again is torcherous. I try to live freely with Hannah doing different things during the day, planning it as it comes. But for the most part we are managed by her sleep and eating schedules. She is such a happier baby when she goes to sleep at regular intervals throughout the day and I am much more sane, but also much more bored. I either sleep when she sleeps or try to figure out what I could do for me that would be fun.

I got hooked on the first season of 24 when Brian rented it out. I feel for any of you who had to watch only one episode at a time waiting what might have seemed an eternity til the next one. My heart is with you. We have been staying up watching like 3 or 4 episodes a night. It's a soap opera in a way, but much more intense. = ) So this has been a fun way to escape from the regular routine. I also decided to focus on the backyard, prunning and weeding. I have to be careful with my pregnancy and allergies, but Hannah plays in her playpen and I am one with nature. I'm also trying slowly to get back on the piano. I know I need to do it. I love it when I start, but it is such a struggle to get on that bench. I'm such a perfectionist and when I make too many mistakes for my liking I quit and don't want to try again. Silly huh?

We've spent some great evenings together as a family lately. Brian adores Hannah. He chases her around the house and she tries to get to "mama" because she knows "mama" will keep her safe. lol. She loves to scream for attention more and more. The books say to ignore it til this faze ends or whisper back so she can see your mouth move, but can't hear what you are saying or say 'use your inside voice' and deter her attention to something else. We're trying. Her new words are: "on", "out", "bye bye", "ovv" for off, and "bubba" for bubble, and "baba" for baby. It has been so fun to talk to her. That's our biggest thing I guess.

So the wind has subsided and I must get ready for bed. = ) I want to spend some much needed quite time with the Lord. So goodnight.

One more thing as a side note to my Aunty Mel. Please send me your email address. I would love to write back to you more. Love ya!

No comments: