Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Love this Time ~

Whenever I get a chance to write it is so freeing for me. Ya know, I never liked writing because it was always an essay or a paper or a thesis, all of which were graded and commented on by the 'all powerful,' 'all knowledgeable' teacher. I would be so afraid of my grammer or my punctuation or that I didn't start a new paragraph at the correct time. To much stress! Here, I have so much freedom. It's like the sky's the limit.

Hannah has been learning new things everyday. She decided she wanted to go around in circles. I laughed. What makes her want to just do that? She also shakes her head til' she is dizzy and almost falls down. I am almost to the point where I am getting concerned. I hope it's nothing serious. Another thing she has learned is to walk backwards with her push toy. I never taught her that. I wonder if she learned that from being in the nursery? She is such a joy, heavy, but a joy to be with. She can adapt to almost anywhere I take her. I think she entertains herself with all the new things she sees. Kinda reminds me of myself. I hope she won't aquire my flightiness though. lol.

I started my ban of TV last night. It was amazing. For the two and a half hours I had to myself I reorganized and cleaned up our entire downstairs. I'm telling you I did quite a bit. It was great! I turned on some music and enjoyed the evening.

I also checked out some cookbooks from the library on how to cook for your baby the other day. One was about organic foods (I had to put that one away because it was making me stressed and worried I wasn't feeding Hannah healthy enough foods). The other one was a gourmet cookbook divided into stages of baby's food development. I loved it and got very inspired. I really want to try some of the recipes in there. When I figure out how to take a picture of the book and post it on my blog I will do that. I'll also let you know if any of the recipes turned out and were a success!

One more thing I forgot to mention, I am teaching Hannah how to sign 'please' and 'thank you.' My child needs to have manners ya know. lol. She's so cute, she means well, but get them confused and mixed up. It's fun to watch her. Oh yeah, and she also started hitting when she gets frusterated or playful. Not a good thing in my book. I've been trying to teach her to be gentle. Works 50/50 and also to give hugs instead. She does to me which is so redeemable. hehe.

Brian and I really are needing to have a date night pretty soon. I'm trying to think of fun, creative things to do on our much overdue date. Have any ideas?

Have a great evening. Good Night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lara
You are so sweet. This is such a great idea. Well life sure is interesting. We missed you at Dean'as wedding but all went well. Uncle Darrell is sure going through it though. I wonder if your dad had a hard time of it when you got married? It's the way life is though isn't it. Leave your mother and father, cling to your husband then like yourself have children. I didn't really think what kind of emotions my family would go through when I married Uncle Darrell but I know now. And one day you will know too. Enjoy Hannah's every moment, expression, laugh, cry, and all else that comes because it really does go fast. Man, I'm rattlin'on. I'm sending you a few pictures of Deans wedding so enjoy and this is nice to connect with you.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about the head thing...although I'm such a hypocrite for saying so. Just THIS MORNING I looked up "shaking head" online because Sydney does it all the time, and confirmed my suspicions that I'm a freak-out mom worries too much :) The general advice is, if the child is smiling or having fun shaking their head it's just because they like to see the world "look funny."

And I see you got your site meter up and running. You clever clever girl!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://uzawmszu.com/qpbt/lhwz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xwtqwfzr.com/ygeq/bsep.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://uzawmszu.com/qpbt/lhwz.html | http://gshvouyv.com/smss/kxth.html