Thursday, June 16, 2005

My Little Shadow ~

I am so filled with emotions, total exhaustion, sad that I have a list of things to accomplish that never gets finished, irritable with being available to Hannah 24/7 it seems, and pregnant with a belly that keeps growing and growing and growing. BUT, what wipes away all that at the end of the day is the thought of my little shadow.

Even though being a mom is very demanding and you never know what the next day will have in store. Even though I run out of things for playtime with Hannah and get bored with the same ol' toys. Even though I clean a messy baby three times a day for meals and three or four times for diapers. And even though whenever I try to get a project done Hannah is wanting my total, complete attention. I have to say I LOVE knowing that she loves me, that our love for one another is unconditional. I love how she buries her head in my legs, how she nuzzles her nose into my neck wanting to remember my smell, how on very special occasions that only she decides she will give me a kiss and smile a loving smile, thanking me for all I've done as her mom. I know when I stop to think of those precious shadow moments time will eventially have them end. She might not even remember any of them, but I will always hold them close to my heart. She is my special shadow. I love her so much. Hmmm... I should write a song? = )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So here I am catching up the reading of your blog and your pregnant? I didn't know. Well I'll be giving that Mother of yours a talkin to HA HA. What wonderful news. How far along are you anyway? Well all is good here. Dean'a and her hubby came home Monday nite and Tues nite they opened their gifts. They were sure blessed. They are living in our suite for a month and then will move into their home that they bought. Still is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that she is married. But such is life. She is blessed. Danya is blessed as well. An incrediable job landed in her lap (We know it was a God) and they will work around her bible school hours. 10.50 an hour in a lighting place. Well, I really should not be surprised because God does look after us. Well that's all for now. Are you going to Chris' wedding?