Thursday, June 23, 2005

Costco ~

I had a nightmarish thing that happened to me at Costco the other day I thought I would share. Hannah and I had been in the house for about two straight days so I wanted to bring her along with me to Costco to give her another perspective on life. We got there, found my card, strapped her in, had my grocery list, and started loading up the cart. I was very proud of myself because I didn't stop to browse or pick up things I wanted that weren't on the list. It was a quick trip and got everything we needed. Hannah was a dream baby, just looking at everyone and everything, drinking it all in.

When we got to the register the cashier found something wrong with my card and had a gal go check it out. Hannah was on the other side of the register in the cart which made me a little nervous. The gal took about 10 mins to get back. She said that my card had expired and that I needed to get a new one before they could ring me up. I asked how this could be that I was using it for 9 months and it was fine. She said that our old church discontinued our membership the 28th of last month. I was frusterated because there was a line of people right behind us, Hannah wasn't in my arms, I did not get a notice in the mail about the change. The gal said to go to the membership area and ask if our new church has signed us up yet. I said why would they do that if our old card was working for months?

In my frusteration I took Hannah, they put my cart to the side and went to see the gal at membership. They looked up our info and found nothing. Hannah decided then to jerk and want down. I out of my embarrassment and frusteration shook her a little to get her attention to stop. I felt like one of those moms that you see in store making a scene with her child. I then started to cry, not knowing what to do. I had our dinner in the cart.

I went back to the register, told the girl they couldn't find anything. I said I don't understand how Costco could not have any flexibility with customer's that have been faithful for years? All she could say was sorry. I asked her if I could speak to a manager. I thought I would need to call later when I got back home, but she found one right away. I sat at the tables with Hannah in my arms with tears streaming down my face. I asked him how Costco couldn't look at these situations case by case. That our card has worked for four years. That when you go to Costco you more then likely fill your cart to the rim. And how embarrassing it is to get to the register at be told you can't buy anything you had just because of a exp. that happened days ago. I couldn't believe how much I was crying. He asked me how I was going to pay for it, I told him with cash. So he overrided the system for me and let me get through this one time. I was so thankful and so embarrassed. I was not out to get Costco in anyway and this whole episode took about 20 mins.

The reason why I am telling you all of this it to maybe offer some advice, some encouragement. I learned to always talk to the manager before you take no for an answer. Also, even though I love my little daughter I learned I will not take her on those kinds of outings again. = )

I need to get going, but I am hoping to write again tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful summer's day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so miserable! Good for you for talking to the manager. I would have just left the cart there full of food and made them put it away. I have had a couple really bad Costco experiences, but I can't exactly boycott them since they have cheap diapers! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://qaskixbo.com/nknb/jsfc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://salkaspb.com/hfjn/aocj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://qaskixbo.com/nknb/jsfc.html | http://whkqvcrg.com/hzud/axac.html